Case of Rhyzogreen (5 gallons)
STIMULATE YOUR SOIL BIOLOGY WITH RHYZOGREEN™!
Lakeland is excited to announce their new venture with Riomax’s newest product line, Riogen™. The first product in this line is known as Rhyzogreen™, which is a liquid blend of micronutrients that is designed to feed those good bugs in the soil. The focus is to unlock the existing nutrients in the soil to help feed your plants. Rhyzogreen™ should be applied early spring after green-up on pastures and hay meadows. For other crops, apply Rhyzogreen™ in the 3-4 leaf stage.
- Increase yields
- Boost soil biology
- Aid plant health
(Scroll down for more)
Question: What are the application instructions?
Answer: Blend recommended amounts with 5-25 gallons of water per acre for foliar application or a minimum of 2 gallons of water per acre for in-furrow application. For best results foliar applications should be made in the morning hours when the air is cool.
- Alfalfa – 1 gallon per 5 acres. Foliar – Early spring after greenup and between cuttings after plants have started showing a minimum of 2”-3” of regrowth.
- Grazing Pastures – 1 gallon per 5 acres. Foliar – Early spring after greenup. For best performance repeat application every 90 days during active growing season.
- Small Grain – 1 gallon per 5 acres. Foliar – No earlier than 3 leaf stage.
- Corn & Sunflowers – 1 gallon per 5 acres. In-furrow or foliar – No earlier than 3 leaf stage.
- Potatoes – 1 gallon per 5 acres. In-furrow or foliar twice a year.
- Soybeans – 1 gallon per 5 acres. In-furrow or foliar – No earlier than second trifoliate stage.
- Sugar Beets – 1 gallon per 5 acres. Foliar – Apply first pass as soon as possible after 4 leaf stage and again 8-10 days later. For in-furrow application apply 1 gallon per 5 acres followed by 1 gallon per 5 acres foliar around the 6-8 leaf stage.
- Yard Grass Receiving Continuous Mowing – 4 gallons per 5 acres. Foliar – Early spring after greenup. For best performance repeat application every 30 days during active growing season.
- Vegetables – 2 gallons per 5 acres. Foliar – At 20 to 30-day intervals throughout growing season. For hand spraying mix 2-10 oz per gallon of water.
- Fruit Trees – 5 gallons per 5 acres. Foliar – 3 times per crop cycle – Before flowering, early fruit stage and mid fruit stage.
*Note 1 gallon per 5 acres = 25.6 oz per acre*
Question: How much Rhyzogreen™ do I apply per acre?
Answer: Typically 1/5 of a gallon/acre. An easy way to look at it is 1 gallon for every 5 acres. Consult the product label or your Rhyzogreen™ rep for more specific details.
Question: Can I mix Rhyzogreen™ with fertilizers, herbicides, insecticides or fungicides?
Answer: For maximum efficacy do not mix with fertilizers, herbicides, insecticides or fungicides. If mixing with other products always jar test for compatibility before first use.
Question: What size containers does it come in?
Answer: Rhyzogreen™ comes in 2.5-gallon jugs, 135-gallon totes, and 275-gallon totes.
Question: Can I apply Rhyzogreen™ in-furrow or through a pivot?
Answer: Yes you can; however, the largest response is typically when applied as a foliar spray.
Question: Does Rhyzogreen™ need to be kept from freezing?
Answer: Yes Rhyzogreen™ should be stored in temperatures above freezing.
Question: Does Rhyzogreen™ increase the brim of hay?
Answer: Rhyzogreen™ has been proven in field trial to increase alfalfa Brix (sugars) by at least 4%. That means the plants have increased proteins, sugars, organic acids, amino acids, minerals, lipids, and pectins.
Question: Is it safe to apply to forage that is actively being grazed?
Answer: Yes, it is safe to be sprayed on pastures/forages even when they are being grazed.
Rhyzogreen™ is a direct food source for the soil microbial population which impacts root structure, plant health & resilience and ultimately yield.
Bottom line, soil health directly correlates to plant health. There’s an enormous amount of nutrients in the soil, but only a small percentage is available in a form the plant can use. It takes the soil’s microbes to convert soil nutrients into a form plants can absorb and use. And if a soil’s microbial community is stressed by poor growing conditions such as soil compaction, excess moisture, too little moisture, up to 80% of microbes can remain dormant or inactive.
Whether it’s corn or beans, small grains or alfalfa, hay ground or rangeland, the science works the same. Feed those microbial communities. Stimulate life. Set in motion a wonderful natural response.
Good for today, and great for the future.
Impacts of Rhyzogreen™
- Plant Height: 32.3 % taller
- Leaf Width: 69% wider
- Weight of Plant: 288% heavier
- Stalk Diameter: 59% thicker
- Weight of Root Mass: 77.6% heavier
- Diameter of Roots: 12% thicker
- Length of Roots: 90.6% longer
- Microbial biomass in the soil: 57.14% higher in only 25 days after treatment
- 70.6% increase in organic nitrogen uptake 6 days after treatment
- 19.6% increase in soil microbial activity
- 16.7% better according to midwest labs soil health calculator
Have a question or require a quote?